There are few agents that know Marin County - or who are as well known by Marin residents and industry peers - as William J. Smith. Bill is a service-oriented real estate professional with a keen mind for the intricacies of buying and selling luxury real estate, as well as the vagaries of the marketplace and ever-changing technologies.
Bill has been one of the top producers in Marin residential real estate for decades, and an active member of the Belvedere/Tiburon area for over 40 years. His distinctions include:
Honors in Real Estate:
- Top 1 percent in Marin County
- Chairman's Circle of Excellence
- Hall of Fame, lifetime member
- Marin Platinum Group (top 100 agents in Marin County)
- Marin's Top Agent Network (top 10 percent of agents in Marin County)
Leadership Positions in the Community:
- Belvedere Citizen of the Year
- Commodore of The San Francisco Yacht Club
- Mayor of the City of Belvedere
- Member of the Belvedere City Council
- Co-founder and President of the Belvedere Community Foundation
- Chairman of the Belvedere-Tiburon Parks and Recreation Committee
- Board member of the Belvedere-Tiburon Landmarks Society
- Board member of the Belvedere-Tiburon Library Foundation
- Chairman of Marin Education Fund (now 10,000 Degrees)
Bill's success in residential real estate rests on a strong foundation in finance, land use, and planning. He earned his degree in Business Administration at the University of Texas, and began his career as a CPA with Price Waterhouse. He was involved in many aspects of commercial real estate sales and development before focusing exclusively on residential sales.
Bill is a dedicated family man who appreciates all that the area has to offer families with regard to excellent schools, activities, facilities, and neighborhoods. In his free time, Bill enjoys sailing on the Bay, skiing in Tahoe, and taking in nearby San Francisco's renowned culture and attractions.