Scroll down for more
"Martin is a great agent. He is knowledgeable about the market conditions, is a great negotiator, is always available to answer questions/concerns and is very thorough. He is also an architect so is knowledgeable about house renovation ideas, their costs and potential impact on the house value!
"The following best describes Martin when we meet & interact as our home agent/broker last May-July 2013.
1) He helps us with our financial resources for our prospected home & looks for the best options selecting the right home mortgage loan process step by step.
2) He was a full time professional agent attending to whatever our needs.
3) He has a passion for the industry which keeps us up to date with the latest stats, trend & future predictions/being aware of recent activity & prices of homes in the area we choose.
4) He has mastered the art of understanding the needs of his clients. His excellent communication skills makes him a powerful negotiator.
5) He is very well connected, resourceful & a good listener to clients needs.
6) He is very accessible & keep us well-informed during the bidding/buying process of our home.
7) He had a patience virtue, honest & a very trustworthy individual.
We, the Guzman Family salute him for extending his best effort in purchasing & winning the bid for our Ruffner home. We give him a rated AA+ for his outstanding performance as a home agent/broker. He is 101% recommendable to all future home buyers!
"Since 1998, I've met and discussed home-buying with 20+ agents in the Bay Area and Roseville, and Martin Santiago is, by far, the most educated, knowledgeable, honest, straight-forward, proactive, and patient agent you could ever hope to meet. My wife and I are ecstatic that we met him, and we're more than happy to tell our friends why Martin is so great:
=== MARTIN IS SMARTER THAN MOST AGENTS ===
* Nearly all agents I met took only 3 classes to become a certified Housing Agent, while Martin spent years getting a Bachelors in Architecture as well as certifications in being a Housing Agent, a Selling Agent, and a Home Lender--he understands all facets of homes!
* Most agents I met couldn't answer my detailed questions about homes, while Martin knew all the answers--even the very technical ones--which he patiently and happily explained every answer as if we were his best friend!
* Most agents I met became agents due to the "easy times" of 2007 and aren't really interested in selling homes, while Martin has been an agent since 1994 due to his extreme passion in real estate--he even volunteers to help other agents who want to become better agents!
=== MARTIN IS MORE HONEST THAN MOST AGENTS ===
* Before meeting Martin, another agent introduced us to the condo we bought which soon after had so many problems with the HOA, safety, and neighbors--problems that Martin easily and directly explained how to spot before buying a property.
* We first met Martin at an open-house that already had an offer the night before. Martin didn't need to spend any time there, yet he happily spent most of the day there. He talked with everyone with equal enthusiasm, regardless it was with us, with non-buying neighbors, and with serious house-hunters armed with many questions; his open and honest hospitality to many people while talking with us 3+ hours impressed us so much.
* Martin presented all facts about that house, the neighboring area, and the expected price range of this and other homes that have similar characteristics.
=== MARTIN KNOWS THE BEST WAY TO REACH YOUR GOAL ===
* It was clear we'd have to stretch ourselves and borrow some from our 401k to buy in Santa Clara (which Martin knew the Underwriter wouldn't allow), so Martin devised a plan to sell our San Jose condo for a down payment on a much bigger and faster-growing townhouse in San Jose.
* Martin's plan was impressive and detailed and amazing how he coordinated the inspectors, stagers, photographers and others to list our condo in only 3 days and then sold it the next week.
* Further impressive was how he found us a better townhouse than the one we wanted, for a fair price (before a bidding war could start), and for an interest rate 0.5% lower than our other lenders!
=== MARTIN IS CREATIVE AND KNOWS MANY PEOPLE ===
* Martin was able to accomplish the seemingly impossible for two reasons:
1) Over the decades, Martin has met so many people related to this industry, such as painters,
handymen, plumbers, stagers, photographers, inspectors, lenders, bankers, etc.
2) Due to his creative background, he is able to think of ways and ideas that don't occur to
other realtors and lenders.
In summary, Martin is the perfect agent you could hope to find, and he continues to improve himself. He's now taking courses to get his lender's certificate which will allow him to handle both the realtor and lender parts in buying/selling a home, which will save buyer/sellers money and time.