Product & User Experience
Senior Product Designer
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to drive a customer-centered UX strategy and execute seamless workflows for our agent web and mobile experiences. You thrive collaborating with cross-functional partners and leading design thinking exercises with your team. You enjoy the end-to-end process of defining and executing solutions no matter how large or small. You’re able to communicate clearly and crisply to key stakeholders and executives when presenting UX approaches, defending design decisions, and building consensus and alignment. You have pixel-perfect standards with exceptional interaction design skills and an eye for accessibility and usability. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned Product Designer, comfortable learning from data, with multiple years of experience leading design for complex cross-functional products in both B2B and B2C environments.
About the Role
This role is to join our Compass Experience team responsible for creating automated, collaborative, and mobile workflows across a set of agent and client experiences. We make it easier for our agents to prioritize and coordinate their work, while facilitating meaningful discovery and communication between agents and their clients.
What We Look For:
- Exhibit an autonomous mastery of craft and best practices
- Support building strategy for and leading large complex, high impact projects
- Simplify complex concepts and quickly turn around in-depth user flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
- Be responsible for the end-to-end customer experience across the platform
- Exemplify excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Partner closely with research, product managers, and engineers across multiple product teams
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration and ideation
- Leverage research and data insights as second nature in framing problems and driving decisions
- Demonstrate skills and confidence in weighing risk and making fast decisions - knows when to release quickly and to “measure twice”
What you get to do every day:
- Own the iterative design process of major feature initiatives from concept to execution and ongoing optimization.
- Meaningfully collaborate with PMs on product specs.
- Participate in extensive user research, identifying key pain points and solving for them.
- Pair with engineers to realize your designs on all platforms (web, iOS, Android).
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
- Participate in sprint planning and quarterly roadmap discussions.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
What we look for:
- At least 5-7 years experience designing enterprise software
- 3+ years of experience working with B2B and/or B2C preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent amount of experience
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience using best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience with research and human-centered design with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience solving complex challenges with simple user-centered design solutions
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
- Experience in standard design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Miro, Invision, Principle
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.