Product & User Experience
New York City
Data Operations Manager
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The Data Product team’s mission is to envision, build, and deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for real estate data ingestion, processing, storage, serving, and analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team and agent at Compass relies on our platform to make data-informed decisions as they grow their business on top of this strong foundation.
About This Role
Help Compass become the leading source of real estate information by ensuring the highest data quality standards are met, and that we have a world class Data Operations team. You will grow and lead a team of skilled Data Analysts and Support Specialists, to ensure we beat our high bar for quality and operational responsiveness, using a metrics-driven, continuous improvement approach. Your customer orientation will allow us to proactively address data quality issues, both large and small, in order to build trust with our customers and to help them grow their businesses. You will work cross-functionally with company leadership, product managers, engineers, data analysts, customer support teams, and others to grow and maintain the Compass data platform.
- Lead a team to proactively identify and mitigate data quality issues, and respond to data source changes or outages, as well as escalations from customers and other stakeholders
- Support our geographic expansion by measuring and improving quality as new types of data and new data sources are onboarded
- Monitor key data quality and operational support metrics, as well as customer feedback signals, to identify and advocate for opportunities to create additional value for our agents and their clients
- Prioritize data support operations needs based on impact, and an ability to establish trust and improve the overall customer experience
- Partner with Product and Engineering squads to continuously improve the breadth, depth, and capabilities of our data quality monitoring and operational support tooling
- Interface directly with customers and regional leaders to understand and craft solutions to specific data support needs in each of our geographical markets
What We Look For
- 8+ years experience successfully managing application, production, or data support teams
- Experience supporting data products with large-scale data schemas and using ETL pipelines/Kafka streams, data conversion components, and API interfaces
- Highly proficient in Zendesk, Jira, and customer feedback tools such as Canny
- Technically skilled and able to manipulate large raw datasets using SQL, Python, and/or advanced spreadsheet formulas
- Able to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. or similar in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.