Product & User Experience
New York City
Staff Product Manager - Agent Data and Commissions Platform
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
In this role, you will work with a group of engineers to define the product vision and build the Compass agent data platform. Our team’s mission is to operate a set of services to scale our agent master data and contract management products used by many customer-facing applications and internal users. Your success will be dependent upon your ability to manage a wide set of cross-functional partners, understand user needs in a complex system, and lead technical teams to build a reliable and highly available platform at scale.
- Develop the vision and product roadmap for agent platform
- Deep understanding of the real estate business workflows and data dependencies.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to understand user needs, identify opportunities for new features, and architect improvements to the platform
- Partner with engineering on API and system design for platform and collaborate closely with the team to develop and release them
- Establish key performance indicator measurement and monitoring across the agent data platform to and communicate status, health, and coverage/quality metrics to stakeholders
- Develop and implement data standards to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 5+ years of product management or related experience for platform products
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders
- Ability to understand complex data models and drive data quality improvements through technology and processes
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with CRM and Document Management platforms such as Salesforce, Docusign a plus
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.