Product & User Experience
Senior Data Analyst - Search
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
About This Role
In this role, you will help Compass become the leading source of real estate information by ensuring the highest search data quality standards are met. You will work cross-functionally with company leadership, product managers, engineers, support teams, and other analysts to grow and maintain the Compass data platform.
- Create, test, monitor, and improve key search data quality metrics tied to the customer experience
- Serve as a subject matter expert and escalation point on data quality issues reported by front-line customer and product support teams
- Create and maintain operational and analytical scripts, or other tools to swiftly resolve data quality issues or drive actionable decision-making
- Leverage data to build conviction and consensus around prioritizing features that improve the customer experience and scale the business
- Confirm feature release readiness by performing ad hoc analyses and tests in support of new product development
- Advocate for process improvements to drive our search platform forward with a metrics-driven, continuous improvement approach
- Quickly synthesize ambiguous customer problems into clear situation analyses, summarizing the impact radius, solution options, and trade-offs of each
What We Look For
- 4+ years experience in software product, project management, or data engineering roles, building and launching successful data-driven products at scale
- 2+ years experience manipulating large datasets using various tools or techniques, including Python, SQL, and Google Sheets/Excel Scripts
- Looking for people with expertise in data forensics, and who are detail-oriented, outstanding communicators, and are quick to learn new technologies/concepts
- Preference given to candidates with 2+ years experience designing, implementing, and maintaining databases and/or data conversion/ETL pipelines
- B.A., B.S., or similar degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of, or prior experience with, real estate data integrations is a plus
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.