Product & User Experience
Senior Product Manager - Search
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the planning, execution and delivery of products that enables Compass to deliver an exceptional search experience. You should be comfortable working with many different business and product teams and have the ability to break down and solve complex problems. You should be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and be comfortable interacting with executives and other stakeholder groups to build consensus, define an approach and rationale for prioritization, and communicate project status, findings, and escalations on a regular basis.
- As a product manager working on search you will define and lead delivery of experiences that consider the search and browse journey across our native iOS app and web experience
- Lead the full product cycle from ideation to user research, design, development and launch for one or more Compass products
- Drive the roadmap and prioritization of innovative and engaging products and features to benefit our clients and agents
- Prioritize and allocate resources against a variety of projects touching many product and business teams across Compass
- Work in close collaboration with user research, engineering and design partners to develop rich, intuitive user experiences
- 5+ years experience in product management roles building and launching successful internal and consumer facing products
- 2+ years experience working on search or similar data-driven products
- Strong technical background, either from academic, engineering, or hands-on product development experience
- Ability to effectively gather and prioritize user requirements from disparate sources, going beyond users requests to get to key user needs, and the ability to rationalize across and resolve stakeholder differences
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills, with experience marshaling resources across different functions of an organization
- An ability to lead by influencing others, without the need to project formal authority, especially in cross-functional and executive settings
- Comfort with collaborating with internal UX and Engineering teams and external consultants and systems integrators in an agile environment
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.