Product & User Experience
New York City
Director of Product Management - Agent Home and Navigation
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. We are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the organization to join us.
The Productivity Apps team is focused on building an industry leading set of products and tools that make our Agents the most effective and efficient. As a Director of Product, Agent Home and Navigation, you will own the landing destination and primary business dashboard for our Agents. Additionally, you will be responsible for the overall IA and Navigation across the entire site. With these products, you will be optimizing across multiple axes -- engagement, efficiency, growth, learning and development to name a few. This is one of the most cross-functional roles that will require collaboration and partnership with almost every other product and Engineering team at Compass. These products are at a formative stage and you’ll be able to define the north star, create the long-term strategy, build and develop a team and deliver a critical set of capabilities for our users.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, lead and grow a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design and user research
- Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Partner and influence senior leadership across the company to contribute to strategic agenda
- Work with agents, product marketing and product support to carefully understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Develop junior product managers by helping to set product strategy for them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager
- Provide thought leadership and improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Product and Engineering Organization
What We Look For:
- 10+ years of experience in a product focused company growing successful teams
- 5+ years of experience hiring, building, and scaling PM teams
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. MS or MBA preferred
- Proven ability to build and lead teams and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members
- A manager-doer who’s willing to roll up their sleeves and help get the team off the ground
- Demonstrated ability to develop inspiring, multi-year product vision that is aligned with business strategies
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
- Strategic product thinker who can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allows you to influence other teams, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.