Product & User Experience
New York City
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The Marketing Solutions Content Studio is responsible for dreaming up and creating world class creative for our most important products and services, as well as evolving the larger Compass brand. We are creating a rapidly growing library of elevated and unique ready-made design templates (in print, branding, social media and video) for our DIY design product Marketing Center, which empowers our 20,000 agents to create beautiful marketing materials and campaigns by themselves, in minutes. We are passionate about all things design and it’s our mission to build a diverse, empathetic and inspiring creative culture. Visit our instagram channel @compasscreates
You’re a passionate creative and have plenty of experience leading projects and executing world-class design work. You understand how to create work that has a meaningful impact on the business and are excited to do that at a fast growing technology company. You have worked on small and large-scale projects and are comfortable working within an established brand framework and a fast-paced environment.
In this role, first and foremost you will be responsible for bringing both our brand and our agent’s brands to life through all the content that powers our proprietary flagship agent-facing product, Marketing Center. The tool is one-stop-shop for all agent marketing needs, allowing them to create and promote themselves and their listings through every possible channel - social media, email, print materials, direct mail and beyond. It includes a custom-built editor that rivals Canva. In this role you will oversee all content creation and manage the design team that produces the work to fill all of those channels. You will shape the success of a product that has a meaningful impact on the revenue generated by Compass agents nationwide. In addition you will also provide creative support to a number of other initiatives within the Marketing Solutions team, including our expansion marketing campaigns and our agent training platform Compass Academy. We’re looking for someone with a keen eye, elevated taste and the technical skills to create beautiful and smart design work. You are ready to roll up your sleeves, manage a high performing team, recruit world-class team members, set ambitious goals and exceed them.
At Compass You Will:
- First and foremost be responsible for delivering a large volume of incredible creative work.
- You must be comfortable leading multiple creative projects simultaneously, together with a team of designers, animators, editors and copywriters.
- Drive the evolution of the Compass brand as we scale and grow the Marketing Center tool
- Collaborate closely with the Product Design leaders to influence the Marketing Center roadmap to help drive results; and assure that content is being discovered and used by our agents.
- Generate innovative ideas and campaigns in social media, print, and brand; and design and deliver these ideas in the form of ready-made templates for our DIY design product Marketing Center.
- Move fast and grow a creative team that can deliver high quality work within a scalable system.
- Lead projects and brief our internal and/or external designers, illustrators, photographers, and videographers to execute high-quality content and templates.
- Mentor and guide designers and help set them up for success when kicking off projects.
- You’ll make sure our designs adhere to our brand guidelines, while at the same time evolving our brand to adapt and grow with the company and our diverse customer base.
- Work closely with copywriters and content strategists to make sure content and story melds with the design.
- You will move fast to drive design research and the development of mood boards before executing on your ideas, as well as help to facilitate collaboration and similar activities between less senior members on the team.
- Confidently review designs created by our internal designers and network of freelancers and provide clear feedback for revisions.
- Take responsibility for publishing flawless work to the platform and improve and streamlining quality assurance programs.
- Develop systems and processes for delivering hyper-local content to all our regions that is relevant and unique.
- Improve efficiency and drive cost savings while maintaining engagement scores and culture.
What We're Looking For:
- Top creative concepting and design skills and a portfolio to prove it.
- Experience creating award winning work across the major mediums the world communicates in today - digital, photography, print, film, social, email etc
- You’re a technical expert in Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign.
- In addition, some experience in digital/product design and/or animation is preferred. Someone with talent and skill in illustration would be a welcome bonus, but not required.
- An understanding and appreciation of scalable design systems.
- You have strong skills and experience in Art Direction and can confidently set a clear visual direction for a project.
- You are comfortable presenting and communicating creative solutions to senior leaders, internal stakeholders and our customers alike, and can confidently defend your creative vision.
- You relish the process of receiving and giving feedback and are great at doing it with empathy
- You understand and appreciate the creative process and seek out ways to improve and streamline it.
- You can move fast and explore many ideas at once, while working diligently and meeting deadlines.
- You create original ideas from scratch and aren’t content in just being an executor of other people’s ideas.
- The ability to learn from mistakes and misfires and come back stronger for it.
- People who are passionate about mentoring and collaborating with other designers.
- 10-12+ years in creative and 5+ years in management and operations
- Currently authorized to work in the United States.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.