Product & User Experience
Senior Product Manager - Financial Systems
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The Agent Brokerage Workflow organization’s mission is to build and operate an end-to-end platform to enable the most accurate, efficient, and seamless transactions and payment flow in the industry, and help create scalable systems of business for our customers.
About This Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the product vision and strategy, execution and delivery of business processes and systems that are supporting our Finance and Accounting teams at Compass. You will assess and gain a thorough understanding of Compass’ business model, financial processes, tools and technologies to drive improvements that enable automation, velocity and operational simplicity. You will work closely with Product & Engineering, Finance, Accounting and cross functional business partners to understand business impacting initiatives, establish priorities, align resources and schedules to ensure predictable, high-quality outcomes.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders in Product & Engineering, Finance and Operations to proactively develop a financial systems strategy, a roadmap that connects to company objectives and that creates quick incremental value as well as one that is multi-year implementing standards and best practices for supporting financial systems and scaling them as the company grows
- Establish a solid execution structure to implement projects, enhancements that create quick wins and provide exceptional support to productionized systems
- Use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and escalate impediments through a defined process for faster decision making
- Work closely with audit, compliance and security teams to ensure the financial systems are compliant
- Drive the planning and execution of the product roadmap and prioritize product features and iterations
What We Look For
- 5+ years experience in product/project management roles with focus on financial systems
- Experience implementing and supporting large scale enterprise applications especially ERP(NetSuite, Oracle etc), Billing Solutions (Zuora, Stripe, Recurly etc), FP&A Systems (Adaptive Insights, Board, Planful, etc)
- Empathic to your stakeholder’s challenges and have the willingness to champion their problems for prioritization
- Have helped development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale, understanding the big picture and the importance of investing in the core technical foundation
- Able to build strong relationships and partnerships, and are able to resolve conflicts and issues with the goal of improving and maintaining positive relationships
- Thrive in the gray and can wear multiple hats at any given time
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.