Product & User Experience
New York City
Director of Product - Product Analytics
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Director of Product - Product Analytics, you will work with executive leadership, finance, product managers, engineers, analysts and data scientists to analyze how our customers interact with our product, our operational actions, and how those drive customer and Compass success. This includes analyzing high-level business trends, product-specific usage and deeper dives into feature usage. You will be responsible for setting the standards on how we measure
product usage at Compass and how we leverage our BI platform to drive data informed decisions. You will hire and develop teams of analysts and product managers following a consistent, high, and fair hiring bar. You will guide product decisions, help incentivize agent retention and acquisition, and aid investor conversations.
● Establish vision, create strategy and roadmap of a centralized product analytics team
● Work with product usage data to identify patterns that drive customer success and use those learnings to influence product direction.
● Work with product and engineering teams to identify new means to measure product usage and drive discussions around customer engagement, adoption and retention to build a nuanced understanding of customer behavior.
● Define product OKRs and interpret key metrics to assess product performance, measure the impact of strategic initiatives, and identify ways to enhance product experience.
● Conduct correlation and causal analyses to understand the relationship between product usage and customer outcomes.
● Create mechanisms to understand and optimize the customer journey and product usage workflows.
● Lead A/B testing and experimentation analyses, and causal inference models of user behavior to inform engagement, churn, lifetime value, product and content
recommendations and personalized experiences.
What We Look For
● Master’s or higher degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Economics) is strongly preferred. Or related work experience.
● 10+ years in a data-intensive role
● 5+ years managing managers
● Experience with collection and analysis of user metrics and turning them into actionable insights using product analytics platforms.
● Experience with managing and driving adoption of business intelligence platforms such as Tableau and Looker.
● Proven ability to build and lead product analytics teams, providing technical guidance, growing skills, promoting best practices, and working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members
● Strong database and analytics fundamentals coupled with a strong sense of customer empathy
● Strong experience with A/B testing, experimentation, and causal inference models
● Experience with statistical modeling, data science or machine learning
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to influence other teams, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems
● Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
● Experience working with finance and investor relations teams is a plus
● Knowledge of, or prior experience with real estate data is a plus
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.