Product & User Experience
Senior Product Manager - Data Governance
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As the Data Governance Program Manager, you are a data-driven strategic thinker who is passionate about developing scalable processes at a hyper-growth company. You will build clear processes, promotion of those processes and ensure company-wide adherence and adoption. This position will provide an opportunity for you to own the Data Governance policies and mechanisms to drive strategic initiatives with efficiency and speed, connect strategy to execution and work collaboratively alongside leaders across the Company.
At Compass You Will
- Partner with leaders and cross-functional teams across Compass to drive company-wide strategic initiatives with efficiency and speed in relation to data access, data retention, data compliance and data quality.
- Unify data reliability efforts across Compass. Ensuring clear ownership of data assets including the monitoring and publishing of SLAs for data landing times.
- Define data access, retention and compliance policies across Compass and the enforcement mechanisms required to ensure a successful implementation.
- Maintain a strong understanding of our products along with the supporting infrastructure in relation to data governance and data classification policies.
- Establish ongoing goals and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve program objectives around data governance.
- Design standard operating procedures and identify opportunities for automation to increase ongoing efficiencies across data access and governance.
- Coordinate training on data governance policies and help facilitate training to support data and business intelligence tools.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of overall program management experience, preferably 3+ years of experience working in the data governance space
- An understanding of working in regulated environments such as GDPR, or CCPA
- Detail-oriented strategic thinker who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others.
- Experience developing processes and bringing everyone together.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to consistently prioritize key initiatives, remaining accountable for outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong numerical and analytical aptitude, proven negotiating skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain a high-performance level in a fast-paced, high volume environment
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.