Product & User Experience
Director of Product Management - Video Platform
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The Productivity Apps team is focused on building an industry leading set of products and tools that make our Agents the most effective and efficient. As a Director of Product, Video Platform, you will provide agents with powerful video editing tools, a robust content library, and seamless sharing capabilities that will empower agents to communicate with their clients and market their listings. The ideal candidate is passionate about the storytelling capabilities of the video and will work with partner teams to help them adapt their use case to the video medium. You will also leverage AR/VR technology to push the boundaries of 3d Tours, virtual video walk-throughs, and virtual staging.
These products are at a formative stage and you’ll be able to define the north star, create the long-term strategy, build and develop a team and deliver a critical set of capabilities for our users.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, lead and grow a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design and user research
- Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Partner and influence senior leadership across the company to contribute to strategic agenda
- Work with agents, product marketing and product support to carefully understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Develop junior product managers by helping to set product strategy for them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager
- Provide thought leadership and improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Product and Engineering Organization
What We Look For:
- 10+ years of experience in a product focused company growing successful teams
- 5+ years of experience hiring, building, and scaling PM teams
- 2+ years of experience in building video products, ideally on both web and mobile.
- Proven ability to build and lead teams and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members
- A manager-doer who’s willing to roll up their sleeves and help get the team off the ground
- Demonstrated ability to develop inspiring, multi-year product vision that is aligned with business strategies
- Experience presenting to and influencing senior executive audiences
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
- BA / BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. MS or MBA preferred
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.