Product & User Experience
Senior Data Engineering Manager
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you will work with a group of engineers, product managers, analysts and data scientists to build the Compass data platform. Our team’s mission is to build the next generation end-to-end data platform to help democratize data across the company. Every team at Compass—product, engineering, finance, operations, people and culture and leadership rely on our platform to make data-informed decisions as well as power the business with data.
About This Role
In this role, you will help Compass become the leading source of real estate information by expanding our geographic coverage, introducing new data types and sources, and ensuring the highest data quality standards are met. You will work cross-functionally with company leadership, product managers, engineers, support teams, and other leaders to grow and maintain the Compass data platform.
- Partner and develop strong relationships with Engineering, Product and the Business to improve how we leverage data at Compass
- Proactively define the vision for core data models across a product vertical and drive both the technical and business priorities and roadmaps.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to individual contributors on your team.
- Define and manage the processes needed to achieve operational excellence for your team.
- Proactively drive for process improvements to drive our data platform forward with a metrics-driven, continuous improvement approach.
What We Look For
- 8+ years experience in fields such as data engineering, business intelligence, or analytics
- Experience managing and scaling 5+ person teams.
- High energy self-starter with a passion for data and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Hands on leader with experience in the data modeling/ETL/schema design
- Experience working with databricks is a plus
- Knowledge of, or prior experience with, real estate data integrations is a plus
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.