Product & User Experience
Director of Product Marketing
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
We're looking for an experienced, results-driven Product Marketer to lead our fast-growing team. This role will work extremely closely with senior product leadership and act as the voice of Growth Product Marketing across the product organization.
The Director of Growth Product Marketing will lead a team which interfaces with our product organization, creates effective channel strategies, develops segmentation and tracking plans, and creates an overarching narrative for our staff and customers. This candidate will also lead the development of our re-engagement and lifecycle campaigns, and establish reporting mechanisms to test and improve our efforts-- all with the focused goal of improving adoption and engagement of the Compass platform.
The successful candidate must have proven experience leading a team, driving platform level go-to-market strategy, a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, and experience leveraging data to maximize marketing effectiveness.
If you are passionate about solving business problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we'd be thrilled to meet you. This is a full-time position based that will report directly into the Chief of Staff to the Chief Product Officer.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead a fast-growing team that owns outbound product marketing efforts, spearheading product marketing strategies in partnership with product leaders.
- Evolve the strategy for how the team approaches Growth Product Marketing across our platform.
- Develop a framework by which we drive adoption initiatives across multiple product lines and track metrics that speak to the effectiveness of the tactics.
- Partner closely with our analyst to define customer segments and create success criteria to measure the impact of Growth Product Marketing efforts against stated corporate goals.
- Drive personalized campaigns that leverage data driven factors (market fluctuations and seasonality) to assure that we are speaking to our customers when and where they want and in the voice that resonates with them.
- Leverage marketing technology to scale the operational efficiency of the team, giving us the ability to serve our growing customer base without growing the team linearly.
- Partner with Product Marketing and Product Managers to optimize in-product channel strategies to increase reach and engagement and drive “growth hacking” initiatives.
- Establish our lifecycle channel marketing strategy, in close collaboration with our email lead and our in-product notifications teams.
What We Look For:
- 10+ years experience in a similar role, with 6+ years of direct product marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative field or an MBA a plus
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic levels - to define customer problems / marketing / positioning of our products - and also at very tactical levels, such as launching a product to our internal teams or to customers in close collaboration with multiple business functions.
- Extensive experience with direct marketing and marketing automation including A/B testing, customer segmentation and analytics as well as strong proficiency with technology tools that support such marketing efforts
- Outstanding communication skills - written and verbal - with the ability to tailor messaging strategy for different audiences.
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people and communication skills, including strong writing abilities and proven experience communicating key value messages to a variety of audiences both internal and external to Compass.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace with a bias towards action.
- Strong proficiency in sourcing and analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing campaign decisions as well as a high comfort level in operating with and making decisions with partial information
- Strong soft skills and experience managing with empathy, including the ability to face challenges with a positive attitude.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.