Product & User Experience
Senior Product Designer - Modus
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Modus, acquired by Compass in 2020, is building technology to create transparent, easy-to-understand experiences for all parties involved in residential real estate closings. Recognized as a best place to work by Inc. Magazine and the Seattle Business Journal, Modus is the fastest growing title and escrow company in Washington, and rapidly expanding nationwide.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to drive a user-centered UX strategy and execute seamless workflows for our escrow and agent customers. You should be comfortable working with different operations and product teams, and have the ability to break down and solve complex problems.You thrive collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers, Sales, and Operations, and leading design thinking exercises with your team. You enjoy the end-to-end process of defining and executing solutions no matter how large or small.
You’re able to communicate clearly and crisply to key stakeholders and executives when presenting UX approaches, and defending design decisions. You have pixel-perfect standards with exceptional interaction design skills and an eye for accessibility and usability. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned Product Designer, comfortable learning from data, with multiple years of experience leading design for complex products in fast moving environments. .
- Exhibit an autonomous mastery of craft and best practices
- Support building strategy for and leading large complex, high impact projects
- Simplify complex concepts and quickly turn around in-depth user flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
- Be responsible for the end-to-end user experience across the platform
- Exemplify excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers, sales, and operations across different regions.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration and ideation
- Conduct or leverage research and data insights as second nature in framing problems and driving decisions
- Demonstrate skills and confidence in weighing risk and making fast decisions - knows when to release quickly and to “measure twice”
- At least 5-7 years experience designing enterprise software
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or equivalent amount of experience
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience using best practices web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience with research and human-centered design with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience solving complex challenges with simple user-centered design solutions
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
- Experience in standard design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Miro
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.