Product & User Experience
Group Product Manager - Marketing Center
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Group Product Manager at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership and agents to define product strategy, build roadmaps, and lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass agent’s experience. You’ll manage and mentor a team of product managers and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers.
At Compass You Will
- Drive Compass to create a best-in-class experience for surfacing our key real estate data via listings and buildings to our users
- Lead a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design and user research
- Work with agents, product marketing and product support to carefully understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Help define a vision and strategy for productivity software that enables agents to increase their reach and grow their business
- Mentor, coach and provide support to a team of product managers
- Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
What We Look For
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 3+ product managers and a portfolio of products
- Proven leader that knows how to manage and grow teams
- Deep understanding of what makes a great user experiences across native, desktop, mobile web, and tablet.
- Strategic product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
- Technically proficient and able to work closely and get buy in from engineers
- Excellent communication skills. Capable of effectively communicating both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.