Product & User Experience
Senior Director of Product - Agent Solutions
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class product and engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. We are searching for creative and inspiring leaders at all levels of the organization to join us.
As the leader of our newly created Agent Solutions group, your role will be to ensure that our Customers are effective at rapidly implementing end to end technology solutions for managing and growing their business. Every principal real estate agent is the CEO of their own business, and you will partner directly with them to understand what drives their particular business, identify how the Compass platform and integrated 3rd party services can best serve their complete set of needs, and lead the solution architecture team that will configure critical workflows and best practices within the Compass platform. This is a complex, cross-functional role that requires executive presence to partner with CEOs, strong customer empathy and systems thinking, experience driving excellent design and product direction, hands-on technical expertise in understanding APIs and product integration, hiring and organizational building capacity, and the ability to inspire and motivate internal teams, external partners, and customers. In the early stages of this group, you will lead the solution architecture for each top team, and over time, you will build reusable assets, best practices, integrations, and relationships that allow any top real estate team to take full advantage of the Compass platform and integrated services to grow their business.
At Compass, you will:
- Build a very effective team of solution architects that partner with our customers to implement efficient, effective, scalable solutions to eliminate the undifferentiated heavy lifting in growing and operating their business.
- Serve as a hands-on leader of solution architects whose job will be to configure the Compass platform for use by agent teams. Depending on the agent team’s needs, this may include defining user experience journeys across the Compass platform in context of specific solutions, building integration to new data sources or third party products, and configuring roles, templates and workflows within the Compass platform.
- Synthesize patterns that emerge from the initial solutions you build, and develop reusable technical assets, workflow best practices, and models for measuring success.
- Serve top real estate agent teams in understanding their P&L, the workflows and practices that drive their current business, the technology tools they use today, and the opportunities they see for growing their business.
- Influence product leaders across Compass to ensure the essential configuration points exist in every area of the Compass platform (APIs, team roles and permissions, templates, user interface configuration)
- Develop a deep understanding of the various 3rd party data sources, business partners and product offerings that are leveraged by top real estate teams either alongside or in lieu of Compass platform capabilities
- Lead relevant stakeholders in constructing a service design for each critical workflow run by each top team. The service design will integrate people, process, product, and P&L to ensure that the right capabilities are being used in the right way to drive the greatest impact on agent teams.
- Leverage key roles within the Compass brokerage operations staff as integrated pieces of the overall solutions you are developing for our agent teams, and influence the operational leaders of those functions to operate in an integrative manner with the product platform.
- Provide thought leadership both internally and externally on the evolution of the real estate industry and the opportunities to leverage technology to grow real estate agent teams’ businesses.
What We Look For:
- 10+ years of experience in a top technology company, ideally serving small to medium enterprises with an open platform that includes a suite of product capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership of a solution architecture function with a rapidly evolving product platform and robust ecosystem of 3rd party data providers and products.
- Experience working directly with business leaders and retaining/growing top customers
- Experience in managing and delivering complex systems
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members
- A hands-on technical operator who has previously launched teams by serving as an individual contributor first
- Demonstrated ability to develop inspiring service designs that are aligned with business strategies
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth, and rapidly changing environment
- Keen understanding of analytics and how to measure for impact, quality and success.
- Strategic product thinker who can examine the changing landscape and use that information to identify previously unconsidered solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to influence customers and internal teams, create clarity and drive focus on specific solutions to complex problems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent technical degree. MS or MBA desirable.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.