Product & User Experience
Principal Product Manager - Platform Expansion
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class product and engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. We are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels to join us as we continue to grow.
You’ll be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives to make our platform the ecosystem of choice for real estate. You’ll work closely with our senior leadership and customers to define product strategy, build roadmaps, and lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass experience.
To achieve these ambitious goals, you will listen to the voice of our customers and work with product management, product marketing, program management, product analysts, content strategists, UX design and research, machine learning scientists, software engineering, and operations/support to develop and implement solutions that address customer needs.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with biz dev, product, tech, finance and legal teams to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve company’s content, commerce, and technology solutions
- Work with real estate agents, product marketing and product support to analyze customer needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed tech specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Bachelor's degree in business or an analytical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 8+ years of product management, 5+ years with technical product management
- Strategic product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members
- Experience partnering with engineering leaders and evangelizing best practices
- Experience setting vision, defining strategy, and managing a prioritized roadmap
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allows you to influence other teams, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems
- Real estate business and product experience
- Experience developing and managing SaaS products
- MBA from a top-tier program
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.