Product & User Experience
New York City
Principal Product Architect
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
In the role of Product Architect, you will serve as the senior-most individual contributor in the product management organization, reporting directly to the Vice President of Product Management. You, as our top systems thinker, will push us all to be better and think bigger. Our goal, as a team, is to build upon the platform we have and scale it up to make each moment as delightful and simple as possible. You will be tasked with envisioning the future and coaching the team on how to execute on connected journeys. This is a complex, multi-modal opportunity and requires a leader with deep technical and product management skills. You will be working with everyone across the organization; from junior product managers to senior executives. The successful candidate will have a strong sense of storytelling, goal setting and has a unique skill to see the future. Combine this with your passion for shipping and hyper customer focus and you’ve got an understanding of the need.
At Compass You Will:
- Analyze the existing platform and thoughtfully plan on how to make the sum exponentially more valuable than the parts.
- Dive deeply into the technical systems to build out a product strategy that is unifying and brings out the best in our solutions
- Understand the end-to-end workflow of our customers and use your systems thinking to build an endlessly adaptable solution that consistently improves.
- Advise the organization on how to build connections that facilitate faster delivery of more connected systems
- Contribute to the analytics strategy in service of building great products
- Partner and influence senior leadership across the company serve as a subject matter expert on the strategic agenda
- Work with agents, product marketing, and product support to carefully understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a strategic product plan, roadmap, and detailed specifications
- Provide thought leadership and improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Product and Engineering Organization
What We Look For:
- 10+ years of experience in a product-focused company shipping complex successful products
- Experience in managing and delivering complex systems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. MS or MBA preferred
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members
- A doer who’s willing to roll up their sleeves and help get the team off the ground
- Demonstrated ability to develop inspiring, multi-year product vision that is aligned with business strategies
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth, and rapidly changing environment
- Keen understanding of analytics and how to measure for quality and success
- Strategic product thinker who can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the solutions to solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to influence other teams, create clarity and drive focus on complex problems
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.