Product & User Experience
Senior Manager of Decision Science
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class product team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. Our Product & Engineering team grew significantly over the last year, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2021.
About This Role
As a Senior Manager of Decision Science, you will work with executive leadership, finance, product managers, and engineers to analyze platform usage and operational activities to drive the best customer outcomes. You will shape the products we build, influence investments we make to grow the business, and inform investor conversations. You will hire and develop a team of Data Scientists and Analysts following a consistent, high, and fair hiring bar. You will build a roadmap for the decision science team on how we can use data and science to drive business decisions that achieve the best possible outcome for our Customers.
- Work with product usage data to identify patterns that drive customer success and use those learnings to influence product direction.
- Conduct correlation and causal analyses to understand the relationship between product usage and customer outcomes.
- Drive product prioritization and inform business strategy on the basis of your team’s analyses
- Lead A/B testing and experimentation analyses, and build causal inference models of user behavior to inform engagement, churn, lifetime value, product and content recommendations and personalized experiences.
- Provide analytical and technical thought leadership for strategic initiatives.
- Exercise sound judgment and balance sophistication with simplicity, scientific rigor with pragmatism and agility with quality.
- Foster strong and collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, operations, and finance to help develop data-informed business strategies and roadmaps
What We Look For
- Master’s or higher degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Marketing, Finance, Economics) is strongly preferred. Or related work experience.
- 8+ years hands on experience in analytics and applied data science
- 5+ years experience in building and leading data science and advanced analytics teams, providing technical guidance, growing skills, promoting best practices, and working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong advanced analytics fundamentals with proficiency in SQL, R or Python
- Strong experience with statistical modeling, data science or machine learning, A/B & multivariate testing, experimentation, and causal inference models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to communicate complex science, influence other teams, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
- Experience working with finance and investor relations teams is a plus
- Knowledge of, or prior experience with real estate data is a plus
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.