Product & User Experience
Staff Product Manager - Data Intelligence
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
In this role, you will work with a group of engineers to build the Compass data platform. Our team’s mission is to envision, build and deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for data ingestion, processing, storage, scheduling and analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team at Compass—product, engineering, finance, operations, people and culture and leadership rely on our platform to make data-informed decisions as well as power the business with data.
- Develop the vision and product roadmap for the data platform and define requirements across product, engineering and business teams to craft a suite of data solutions and features, including self-service tools
- Work closely with key internal business stakeholders to understand user needs with data, identify gaps in our offerings and form product requirements
- Partner with the leadership team to constantly evolve and improve our data stack and deliver faster, more robust, and more reliable data and insights
- Set ambitious goals, and measure and quantify impact on a regular basis
- Champion and build a culture of data informed decision making and ensuring successful product adoption by documenting, training and evangelizing use of the platforms
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 8+ years of product management or related experience for data products
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with big data platforms and technologies like Databricks and Spark
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau is a plus
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.