Product & User Experience
Data Support Specialist
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class product team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. Our Product & Engineering team grew significantly over the last year, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2021.
The Data Product team’s mission is to envision, build, and deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for real estate data ingestion, processing, storage, serving, and analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team and agent at Compass relies on our platform to make data-informed decisions as they grow their business on top of this strong foundation.
About This Role
You will help Compass become the leading source of real estate information by resolving customer-reported data quality issues, responding to data source changes and outages, and identifying product and process improvements to help scale our business. You will work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, data analysts, and other operational teams to grow and maintain the Compass data platform.
- Identify, escalate, and help resolve change requests, customer-reported incidents, data quality issues, and data source outages affecting our products
- Receive, review, and internally action inbound notifications from data sources, alerts related to data quality metrics, and QA reports from third party partners
- Track, validate, and communicate the priority and status of relevant work in progress to address customer needs
- Coordinate across teams to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner, and that customers and other stakeholders are aware of the resolution status and timing
- Support geographic expansion efforts by proactively identifying data quality issues as we onboard new data sources
- Assist with the identification of product and process improvements to reduce the volume of data quality issues affecting our customers
What We Look For
- 1-4 years working in customer-facing data and/or software support roles
- Experience resolving system alerts and related escalations via a ticketing system such as Zendesk, Jira, Canny, or similar
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- Fast learning self-starters, who are technically skilled, open-minded, and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Track record of success in resolving data quality issues within large-scale data pipelines, ETL tools, REST APIs, and web/mobile products to improve the customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Operations Management, or equivalent preferred
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.