Product & User Experience
Senior Product Manager - Lead Management
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
About the Team
The CRM team helps real estate agents generate more repeat and referral business by nurturing their professional relationships, leveraging leads and data from other Compass tools, providing impactful communication mechanisms, and identifying opportunities with AI. Our agents view us as the hub of their business and our mission is to build the best client growth platform in real estate to help our agents win more business.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Management leader to own the strategy, planning, execution and delivery of one of the most key components of an Agent’s business - Lead Management. You are an owner and visionary who deeply understands agents' needs and pain points and what content, strategy and medium is best to service those needs. As a data-driven strategic thinker you will drive the Lead Management product roadmap for your squad and deliver on the products and features with a cross functional team of PMs, engineers, and UX designers. You should be comfortable working with many different business and product teams and have the ability to break down and solve complex problems. You should be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and be comfortable interacting with executives and other stakeholder groups to build consensus, define an approach and rationale for prioritization, and communicate project status, findings, and escalations on a regular basis.
- Use data and information, both qualitative and quantitative, to analyze and deeply understand customer and business needs
- Drive product vision for the Lead Management area and ultimately deliver on desired timelines
- Develop product proposals and specifications for engineering and design
- Build requirements and backlog and continuously prioritize to ensure we’re addressing the right problems and opportunities at the right time with the right level of fidelity
- Drive the feature development process, documenting specifications, specific requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Partner closely on go-to-market and implementation, working with product marketing, operations, and finance to ensure successful release
- Evaluate new product opportunities (both buy and build solutions) and bring forward proposals and influence to expand product and business capabilities
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to build, test, measure, and drive results, including engineering, data science, design, marketing, sales, operations, and executive leadership
- Proactively define and track success through measurement that ladders to output metrics, set targets, and inspect and measure, and adjust as appropriate
- 6+ years experience in software product management roles building and launching successful data-driven products
- Ability to effectively gather and prioritize user requirements from disparate sources, going beyond users requests to get to key user needs, and the ability to rationalize across and resolve stakeholder differences
- Detail-oriented strategic thinker who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others.
- A motivated self-starter with strengths in building mechanisms, problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Comfort with collaborating with Design/UX, Operations, and Engineering teams
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
- Experience manipulating large raw datasets using SQL and/or advanced spreadsheet formulas
- Solution-oriented mindset and work approach, glass half-full mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong numerical and analytical aptitude, proven negotiating skills.
- B.S. or similar in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
- Previous CRM experience is a plus!
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.