Product & User Experience
Principal Product Manager - Regional Expansion
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class product and engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. We are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels to join us as we continue to grow.
You will be responsible for setting direction and driving our expansion to new markets. You will be someone who is comfortable both with the details, managing multiple stakeholders to get a market launched and looking to scale the processes and systems to accelerate our expansion ambitions. In addition, you will obsess about the needs of the customer in the expansion market and be strategic to influence our Product roadmap to excel at meeting those needs to provide the best onboarding experience.
To achieve these ambitious goals, you will listen to the voice of our customers and work with our Expansion business and operations teams, product management, product marketing, program management, business stakeholders and operations/support to develop and implement solutions that address customer needs in the new markets.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with our expansion strategy teams to plan and deliver on seamless and effortless launches
- Track multiple expansion projects and priorities, and proactively ensuring teams are enabled to make smart and timely decisions
- Monitor and communicate progress against goals to relevant stakeholders across all organizational levels, including the executive team
- Develop operational improvements, create, and streamline processes including standard operating procedures, enforcing vendor service level agreements and managing escalations
- Design and implement systems to track and analyze customer feedback, proposing both short term and longer term solutions for operational issues
- Create a functional playbook to scale supporting our expansion into new markets
- Work closely with biz dev, product, tech, finance and legal teams to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve our solutions to meet the need and influence the strategy and roadmap
- Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the expansion markets and industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of product management, 5+ years with technical product management
- Proven track record in the delivery of strategic, cross-functional programs, including full end-to-end process of bring a new product to market
- Strong organizational skills and superb capabilities with managing multiple high priority projects simultaneously and successfully
- Meticulous attention to detail and a resourceful problem-solving attitude
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a results-focused mindset
- Strategic Product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of building relationships across all levels within the organization, influencing others, and working cross functionally to resolve issues
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and rapid-growth environment. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Project Management certification a plus.
- An understanding of residential real estate a plus
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.