Product & User Experience
Head of UX
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Compass has achieved and continues to grow its industry-changing Natural Intelligence foundation that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring, with the enabled technology of Artificial Intelligence, cloud, mobile, and more.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, we have an opportunity to design and build a world-class technology platform that will transform the real estate industry. Over 2019 and 2020 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering teams and with more growth planned for 2021. We are actively searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all organization levels to join us as we continue to expand in the next year.
We are looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded thought leader for our overall Design Direction at scale with proven prior history in Design for Mobile. The design platforms serve our growing agent and user community and will take us to the next level. In this role, you will be responsible for defining how we work together, how we get work done, and how our work creates an impact for our customers and our organization. You will work collaboratively with other design leaders, designer teams, research, product management, engineering and other program managers, leading projects throughout the design, planning, and development lifecycle. As the Design leader for our India team, your emphasis will be on planning and prioritizing design deliverables, resource management, schedule tracking, mitigating project risks, and collaborating with the design team to deliver innovative solutions across workstreams.
Design at Compass
Our growing Design team leads full lifecycle designs across all platforms for Compass. Design collaborates with product management, research, engineering on strategy to make everything come to life. Compass Product Design is divided into growing feature teams: Mobile, CRM, Productivity Apps, Search & Listings, Core Experience, People Platforms, Design Systems, New Product Strategies, Transaction Management and Customer onboarding.
This role will lead, manage, and grow our Design Direction that serves our growing agent community. Candidates that also have a demonstrated history of Design for Mobile are preferred.
At Compass You Will:
- Exhibit an autonomous mastery of craft and influence best practices
- Establish and evolve a leading and compelling design vision that will scale
- Lead, manage, grow and hire a cross-functional team of designers and related UX team
- Inspire and create alignment on a NorthStar vision for Design
- Lead development and execution of UX strategy for overall Design
- Develop and and continue to grow as a SME for Design that serve our Agents and related users
- Lead in simplifying complex concepts and quickly turn around in-depth user flows and mockups reflecting a range of concepts/models for Design
- Demonstrate ownership for the end-to-end customer experience across our Design platform
- Exemplify excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills (up, down and across levels and disciplines)
- Lead and partner closely with research, product management, and engineering at the squad level and across multiple product teams
- Lead, facilitate and coach cross-functional collaboration and ideation with fellow leader and teams
- Identify opportunities for research and leverage research and data insights as second nature in framing problems and driving decisions
- Demonstrate skills and confidence in weighing risk and making fast decisions - know when to release quickly and when to “measure twice”
What We Look For:
- 10+ years of experience in product design, interaction design and building rapidly scaling products
- 5-7+ years of current experience in design leadership, design for mobile also highly desired
- 3+ years of experience working with B2B and/or B2C
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving cross-functional team
- Proven ability to work in close business partnership with fellow design leaders and other business stakeholders
- Passion and vision for leading and growing creative design teams and strategic design alignment
- Experience using best practices for across design, mobile design, web-based information architecture design, usability principles, techniques that scale, systems thinking across UX/UI/IA
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
- Experience leading collaborative design thinking with stakeholders and cross-functional teams in locations in the India and abroad
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience with research and human-centered design with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience solving complex challenges with simple user-centered design solutions
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Experience in standard design and prototyping tools such as Figma/Sketch, InVision, Principle
- Willingness to communicate key design vision involving publications, industry events, speaking engagements and more
- Demonstrated experience in organizational growth methods and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent amount of experience