People & Culture
Project Manager, People & Culture
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The Project Manager, P&C position is for an execution-minded team player who excels in cross-functional project management. This Project Manager is accountable for working closely with the business and other functional teams to ensure the success of all HR projects. This position requires a strategically minded person who can also think outside the box to develop solutions to complex issues. The Project Manager needs to possess the demonstrated ability to connect and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Organization, presentation, and communication skills are important attributes. Understand scheduling techniques, estimating, change management, risk management, and progress reporting methods.
- Ability to lead team of subject matter experts in HR, IT, Finance, and other disciplines in core team meetings and deliverables, while having no direct management ownership for the team members
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction and take the initiative to get things done
- Manage initiation, execution, and closure of projects according to HR project methodology
- Work with Delivery leaders to design the processes that will improve workflow and data quality
- Structure and set-up the project by identifying required project resources
- Create clear and attainable project objectives
- Build the project requirements including project success measures and proven ROI
- Engage appropriate resources and define/implement change management strategy
- Manage overall project progress and develop, execute and track project plans
- Partner with peers to leverage knowledge and standards to promote consistent, quality deliverables across all projects
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
- 2+ years experience with HR specific projects
- Certification(s) in project management, quality management, agile methodology and/or six sigma preferred
- 2+ years Human Resources (HR) program management experience working with workday design & implementations
- Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation, Benefits and/or Workforce Analytics
- Experience working in companies with diverse technology landscapes with multiple systems integrations
- Competent in facilitating meetings with many functional areas represented
- Strong written and spoken language skills
- Ability to work in an agile environment and possess creative solutioning skills.