Senior Frontend Engineer, Modus Core Services Team
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Senior Frontend Engineer - Modus
Modus is creating the world’s most simple, modernized real estate closing experience available to everyone. As part of Compass' vision to build the first end-to-end real estate platform, Modus' closing experience brings together agents, buyers, sellers and lenders with technology to streamline and empower their transactions.
About the T&E Core Services Team
We work on the core T&E platform which is the backbone on which Modus runs it’s T&E business. It’s a platform that streamlines and simplifies the title and escrow process for buyers and sellers. From task management, to document processing, robotic automation for various tasks, handling earnest money deposit process, our core platform touches all T&E functionalities. In this scope we do both front-end and back-end work related to these functionalities. We are a full-stack team with number of team members operating in both ends of the spectrum (FE & BE).
About the Role
As a Senior Frontend Engineer your responsibilities will be twofold, working on both feature development and the overall frontend architecture and supporting infrastructure. To provide the best experience for all real estate agents you will work closely with counterparts in Product and UX on new features and improvements to existing features.
You will also collaborate with your engineering peers on the technical strategy we need to support our current and future aspirations and ensure a reliable and delightful experience for our customers. The daily development experience, review process, testing practices, deployment, monitoring, and more will all be areas you can help improve.
At Compass/Modus You Will:
- Define the frontend architecture for our platform using technologies like TypeScript and React
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Help create and champion new software development processes, taking a key role in creating reliable and scalable frontend infrastructures
- Work closely with the design and product team to ensure delivery of best-in-class user experiences and features
- Be hands-on while mentoring junior members of the team by way of code-reviews, pair programming exercises and continuous feedback
You're a Good Fit if You:
- Can continually push the team to strive for higher standards on the frontend
- Have experience with modern frameworks like React, Angular, Vue, or Ember, state management libraries like Redux or MobX, and modern bundlers like Webpack, Rollup, or Parcel
- Are able to communicate across team and discipline boundaries
- (bonus) Have startup experience!
Check out our Engineering blog!