Senior Backend Engineer, Modus Core Services Team
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Senior Backend Engineer - Modus
Modus is creating the world’s most simple, modernized real estate closing experience available to everyone. As part of Compass' vision to build the first end-to-end real estate platform, Modus' closing experience brings together agents, buyers, sellers and lenders with technology to streamline and empower their transactions.
About the T&E Core Services Team
We work on the core T&E platform which is the backbone on which Modus runs it’s T&E business. It’s a platform that streamlines and simplifies the title and escrow process for buyers and sellers. From task management, to document processing, robotic automation for various tasks, handling earnest money deposit process, our core platform touches all T&E functionalities. In this scope we do both front-end and back-end work related to these functionalities. We are a full-stack team with number of team members operating in both ends of the spectrum (FE & BE).
Sr. Software Engineer, Backend
If you could use technology to innovate an antiquated process, would you? What if you could write code that delivered a product and user experience that made one of the most exciting times in someone’s life - buying a home - more delightful, and also empowered the people involved in the process? And, what if you could do those things as an early engineer at one of the most rapidly growing, Seattle-based companies where there is still a green field to develop in, interesting problems to solve, and impact to be made?
If you have worked on microservices and know how to design and scale systems, and if you know how to help stabilize those systems using tools like Kafka, Kubernetes, and AWS, we’d like to chat with you about how your experience can help Modus accelerate our growth even further.
- Write great code and ship quality features
- Help create and champion new software development processes, taking a key role in creating continuous integration and scalable cloud infrastructures
- Design and build microservices infrastructures that can communicate with API integrations
- Actively participate in design, scoping and prioritization discussions, collaborating closely with product and design teams
- Mentor junior members of the team by way of code-reviews, pair programming exercises and continuous feedback
- Help grow the team by participating in interview processes
- Model the Core Values of Modus through appropriate actions and behaviors
Experience you bring:
- Design chops: you’ve helped bring scalable, stable backend systems to life, and are ready to do it again
- Stellar communication skills: you’ll be communicating cross functionally to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A great attitude: start-ups are hard and not every day is perfect; we are driven builders who persevere
- Industry work experience: you’ve been developing production-level software for at least 5 years
Check out our Engineering blog