Senior Software Engineer (Front End) - Digital Ads
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Front End) at Compass, you will work on projects that impact the highest priorities of our technology roadmap and the business, all while collaborating cross-functionally with multiple teams. Engineering developers influence teams outside of their own organization and deliver results that move the needle at the organizational level and impact company-wide goals.
You will use your experience with modern cloud and digital advertising applications and systems to build products that improve every step of the real estate agent, buyer and seller experience at Compass. As social media advertising and digital advertising continues to power the brand and listing marketing of our agents, we are building out our digital ads platform to sync with many advertising channels. Leveraging the data-rich features of the real estate industry, you will build technology that aggregates billions of real estate listings and other data points, develop an industry-leading consumer experience for searching and selecting real estate, support the day to day productivity of a real estate agent with web and mobile applications while also supporting the growth of the world’s most scalable brokerage.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale the front end of our platform that powers compass.com experience for buyers, sellers and real estate agents.
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems.
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Proven track record working in top talent and high performance environments
- Experience with digital advertising platforms, integrations such as Facebook & Instagram ads, Google Display/Search ads
- Experience with ad performance and tuning, generating custom audiences for precise targeting
- Experience with Redux, ES6, Webpack is a plus
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications
- In-depth experiencing leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- In-depth experience with agile methodologies and automated testing with some exposure to TDD & pair programming
- Experience collaborating closely with UX and Product Managers
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery is a plus.
Check out our Engineering blog!