Senior Fullstack Engineer - Guided Transactions
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
About the Glide Transaction Management Organization:
Compass’ Glide Division is building a collaborative transaction platform that streamlines all of the work that goes into buying and selling homes. Unlike other teams at Compass, Glide is a platform investment for the entire industry and is intended to be used by all real estate agents and clients, not just ones from a particular brokerage. Your job will be to take previously manual or tedious tasks and turn them into guided experiences in our software. Manual tasks today include preparing paperwork, booking appointments with vendors, and installing cable/internet. What we’ve built is resonating and we have a chance at becoming the dominant standard for how transactions get done.
About this team:
This team helps every collaborator understand and complete their part of the transaction. This product helps their team focus on the right tasks at the right time, while automating tedious tasks, and ensuring nothing falls through the cracks. Everyone involved in the transaction is informed of what is happening with their business.
At Compass You Will:
- Improve internal libraries, frameworks, and application infrastructure.
- Remotely collaborate via Slack, Notion, Zoom.
- Collaborate closely with product and design in small squads to ship a feature from start to finish.
- Continuously improve our products and engineering standards
What We Look For:
- 6+ years of experience
- Have technically led projects and mentored junior engineers
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar
- Able to overcome obstacles by being resourceful and tenacious
- Fast learners willing to challenge themselves
- Goes above and beyond by doing more than what is expected in your attempt to delight users
- Takes pride in making sure code is maintainable and left in a better state than how you found it
Check out our Engineering blog!