Greater New York City
Senior Data Engineer - New York City
As a Senior Data Engineer at Compass, you will be responsible for helping to build the data-driven decision-making culture throughout the organization. You’ll work as part of a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for designing and managing large-scale, real-time analytical systems that impact multiple functions and teams across the organization. In this high impact role you will have an opportunity to work with emerging technologies, while driving analytical solutions end-to-end. You will empower the development of data-powered product features, real-time analytics and artificial intelligence. You are someone who loves data and analytics, strives to constantly learn new and fast-developing data technologies, and demonstrate passion about shipping high-quality software.
At Compass You Will:
- Design, develop, and implement the infrastructure that elevates data-driven decision-making and machine learning for our proprietary real estate technology
- Work with the enterprise business systems that facilitate end to end experience of real estate transactions
This position is responsible for:
- Design and deliver flexible and scalable AWS Cloud solutions collecting process-level external and internal data and transforming it into enterprise wide data lake, denormalized data marts from which operational and process metrics and analytics can be reliably generated
What We’re Looking For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Extensive experience with a major cloud provider, for instance, AWS
- 3+ years of experience building data infrastructure using a state-of-the-art tool chain, including utilities such as Kafka, Airflow, Spark, Cassandra, etc.
- 3+ years of Data Warehousing experience, building ETL data pipes for populating dimensional marts
- Familiarity with API design patterns (oAuth, tokens, JSON)
- Experience with supporting Data Science and ML teams; experience supporting notebook environments for analytics/data science teams (Jupyter, Zeppelin, DataBricks)
- 5+ years of data intensive programming in your language of choice. Python, Scala, Clojure preferred
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with dimensional data modeling
- Experience with version control, scalable code deployment (Git, Jenkins)
- Highly productive developing and deploying in a Linux environment
- Strong business communication skills
- Strong drive to constantly learn and keep up to speed with the new data technologies
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Greater New York City