• 2021 REAL Trends ‘America’s Best’ list Honoree (Small Teams by Volume)
• 2020 Gold Level Award Winner for the Recognition of Excellence presented by San Diego Association of Realtors
• SDAR & San Diego Union Tribune Recognition of Excellence Gold Award Winner 2020
• MBREA Award of Excellence 2019 - A recognition of distinction in the Real Estate community. Given each year to a Mission Bay Real Estate Association member who continually strives to promote a positive impression of all aspects of MBREA and the community. Recipients have proven to be dedicated, not only to their profession but also to cooperating with others and giving back to the community
• Ralph Knox Award 2017 – Presented by the La Jolla Real Estate Brokers’ Associations & Awards for salesmanship, personal integrity, cooperation with peers, and service to the community
Scroll down for more
“If you are contemplating the sale or purchase of real estate, I highly recommend you use Michelle Dykstra for your transaction. She is intelligent, knowledgeable and extremely detail-oriented. In most transactions there are a variety of loose ends, and Michelle isgreat about remembering and handling all of them. She knows the local area inside and out, and will give you great tips about demographics, local vendors, tourism, seasonal fluctuations, and generally where to go and what to do in San Diego County. Michelle is trustworthy. Equally important since you will be spending a fair amount of time in her company, she is a lovely person.” - Elizabeth W.
“ You have been a pleasure to work with. You took care of everything….especially of the interaction with the Tenant’s, getting their keys post move-out, doing the walk throughs, etc. And, you priced it right and had them bid it up. You were just fantastic and I have no issue paying you your full commission….it was worth it. Thanks for all you do.” - Chad F.
“We have known Michelle for 20 years and have recommended her out to folks we would love to have living in our neighborhood, she never disappoints. In addition, she is an active community member and lives right in the heart of where she sells!” - Sue A.
“Michelle is an accomplished professional, and one of her greatest strengths is that she is an extraordinary problem-solver. She helped me find solutions to several obscure issues that sprang up during the course of my property sale, including providing referrals to reliable licensed contractors. She is thorough and follows up on all the details that are necessary to ensure that both the buyers' and sellers' interests are well-represented. She is an excellent communicator, and responds promptly to any questions or concerns voiced by either party. Consequently, my condo was sold almost as soon as it was placed on the market! I felt completely comfortable entrusting her with the final closing tasks after I returned to my home state.” - Linda J.
“We will happily refer you should anyone need real estate services. We were able to take the proceeds of the sale and pay off our primary residence and still have enough money left over to pay the taxes. We are all set for retirement. Cheers!” - David S.
* President of Mission Bay Real Estate Associations 2016-2017
* Vice President of Mission Bay Real Estate Associations 2015-2016
* Board of Directors La Jolla Women’s Club 2010- Present
* Member of Junior League of San Diego 1989 – Present
* Member of Birdrock Community Council 1998 – Present
* Member of La Jolla Community Center 2015 – Present
* Board of Directors La Jolla United Methodist Church Nursery School 2010 – 2019
* Advisor of National League of Young Men (NLYM)
* Board Member of Teen Volunteer’s in Action (TVIA)
* Member of PFLAG San Diego County
Originally from Marin County in Northern California, Michelle moved to San Diego in 1984 to attend San Diego State University. Having grown up in the real estate business, she held her first open house at age 14, and began her residential real estate career in 1988 in the La Jolla marketplace.
Michelle has lived in La Jolla since 1998, and is active in fundraising for local schools, on the Board of Directors for the La Jolla Women’s Club, active in the Bird Rock Community Council, a member of the San Diego Junior League, and an avid philanthropist.
Well-known in the community as the “Queen of Bird Rock,” Michelle has a strong client base of qualified buyers for the La Jolla area. With great pride she brings her decades of hard-earned experience to every successful real estate transaction. As a result of her work ethic, extensive experience, and market knowledge, she is consistently sought out by principals from all over as well as by out-of-area agents representing an assortment of buyers seeking properties in La Jolla.