- Top 10 Most Innovative Agents in America per Inman
- #137 Top Producing Agent in USA (out of 1.2M) per Wall Street Journal
- #1 Top Luxury Closer for Halstead Property: 2011-2017
Brian’s Property MOVIE TOURS
Brian has been featured in the following articles:
- OFFTHEMRKT: 5 Open Houses Not To Miss This Weekend
- 6sqft: The massive roof deck at this $15.5M Flatiron penthouse has a 20-foot pool and full bar
- The Real Deal: Locking and loading listings
- Real Estate Weekly: Done Deals
- The Real Deal: Relaxing the rules: Millennial buyers are prompting some co-op boards to loosen up
- Habitat: Co-ops Are Opening Up to Millennials
- Forbes: How Millennials Are Influencing Co-Op Boards
- Forbes: Selling A House In A Buyer's Market? Here's How To Stay Competitive
- Yahoo: 8 Features That Will Sell Your Home Faster
- Brokers Weekly: November 28th, 2018
- Curbed: What $8,000 rents in NYC right now
- Real Estate Weekly: Done Deals: Textbook trade for Lewis
- The Real Deal: Compass and Elliman brokers are teaming up to move three units in Superior Ink
- Brick Underground: You're moving? The reasons why people decide to sell their luxury New York City apartments
- Brick Underground: Not using Instagram to sell your apartment? #youprobablyshouldbe
- Brick Underground: This stunning Union Square penthouse comes with a private rooftop pool
- NBC: Open House New York
- Brownstoner: Top 10 Brooklyn Real Estate Listings: From Modest Wood Frame to Lavish Mansion
- Yahoo: Many Millenials Say 'Fear Of Missing Out' Behind Home Buying Decision
- Real Estate Weekly: DONE DEALS: New folk at White House
- Mansion Global: Manhattan Penthouse With 4,000-Square-Foot Roof Deck Hits Market for $17M
- The Real Deal: Inside Compass’ recruiting machine
- Mansion Global: The Mirror Has Two Faces’ Filming Spot Listed for $2.895 Million
- The Real Deal: Sealing deals and taking names
- Wall Street Journal: Estate Sales Are Cool Again
- The Real Deal: Estate sales are finding new life with millennial buyers
- NYC STRETCH: Combining Your Home With Your Neighbor’s
- Cheddar TV Interview: How To Win Bidding Wars
- Brick Underground: 5 ways to tell if the NYC apartment you want to buy is about to get hit with an assessment
- Brick Underground: How to arrange to stay in your NYC apartment temporarily after you sell it
- Brick Underground: It's still possible to buy a three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan for under $1 million
- Top Ten Real Estate Deals: Weekly Ten Best Home Deals
About Brian K.
I appreciate my clients and enjoy my work. For 18 years, I’ve been recognized as a top producer – one of NYC’s and America’s preeminent closers who has fun fulfilling the property dreams of my clients. I earn this recognition every day by continually bringing my sales clients the best prices from the best buyers, and by nimbly guiding my buyers to their dream homes. I know how to effectively navigate markets, I love to market homes, I enjoy matching buyers to their new properties, I thrive on negotiation, and I have a great time exceeding the expectations of my clients.
Named one of “Manhattan’s Premier Brokers” by NY Living magazine, I frequently get my sellers extra press for their homes – I do this by regularly appearing as a real estate expert on NBC, PBS, CBS, FOX, CNN, CNBC, and in the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, NY Magazine, Financial Times, NY Observer, NY Sun, & NY Post. Frequently promoting my clients’ properties to the press, I cite them as market anecdotes to get my sellers’ homes more notice. NBC’s NY LIVE gave me my own weekly on-camera real estate segment, I’ve served as an on-camera host for HGTV’s National Open House, as a property expert for the BBC, and I regularly feature my clients’ homes on NBC’s Open House NYC. The original property videos that I produce for my sellers’ homes generate much interest and many leads for my clients from around the world.
I’ve sold new developments, condos, townhouses, lofts, and condos all over New York: Upper Westside, Upper Eastside, Harlem, Midtown East and West, Chelsea, Nolita, Greenwich Village, Washington Heights, Tribeca, Battery Park City, Soho, Inwood, Riverdale, East Village, Lower Eastside, the Flatiron and Financial Districts, all over Brooklyn and in Long Island City. Beyond my work in New York, I’ve built a global property network, and I employ it to link contacts all over the world to agents whom I deem effective for my clients. My real estate business is built upon a seasoned foundation of listening, on good communication, on anticipating and satisfying the needs of my clients, and on applying my proven, effective, unique sales strategy: Keen pricing, out-of-the-box marketing, expert negotiation, and working in a stress-free, proven way that keeps my clients well served. Daily, I build my success upon the happiness of and referrals from my clients.
Born in Richmond, VA, I was raised in Atlanta, GA, and Charlotte, NC. I graduated from The College of William and Mary, with a double concentration in Government and Theatre. My studies also took me to Paris, where I developed my conversational fluency in French, and to North Carolina School of the Arts, where I studied acting. I fulfilled a lifelong dream when I moved to New York. While working at the Four Seasons (bellman) and Ritz-Carlton (sales) Hotels, I studied with legendary actress Uta Hagen. I’ve played roles Off-Broadway, on TV, in Films, in numerous TV/Radio commercials, and have voiced several audiobooks. My true joy and success, however, was discovered when I began selling homes. I enjoy my work because I enjoy pleasing my clients. Once my clients are perfectly happy, I like to bike ride along the Hudson, study New York City history, ride (and jump) horses, and travel. I’ve explored many exciting destinations around the USA, Europe, and South America, but my favorite place is still New York City. I’ve lived in this incredible city since 1991 – Downtown, Midtown, and currently in a wonderful Prewar Co-op I own on the Upper Westside where I live with my family, and where I served on my building’s Board of Directors.
I appreciate my clients and customers, and I have a great time fulfilling their property dreams—here in New York, and around the world.
122 Georgica Close Road, East Hampton
A mere 1.6 miles from Georgica Beach lies this meticulous 8,000 +/- SF home with clean architectural lines. Exceptional design is integrated with solid construction and beautiful landscaping. The double-height foyer makes for an impressive entrance leading to more intimate, yet spacious common areas centered around a gracious double-sided wood burning fireplace. The main level also features formal dining, private study, a full bath leading to the pool area, laundry room, junior master, and attached three-car garage. The second floor boasts a large master suite with ample closets set conveniently apart from the sleeping area, three additional en suite bedrooms, a large bonus room and an extra laundry room. Two more bedrooms, which share a full bath are tucked privately off of the expansive lower level recreation area adjacent to the movie room. Outside, lush lawn surrounds a blue stone framed heated guinte pool and spa. A pre-existing, fully renovated poolhouse with kitchenette, half bath and porch sits on the edge of the property maximizing the enjoyment of this 2.25 acre property.
548 Dune Road, Westhampton, NY, 11977
Welcome to Dune Road. This immaculate, updated contemporary features a stunning south facing pool area surrounded by mahogany decking and a Zen Garden. Rinse off from the pool or ocean in the oversized outdoor shower before you walk into the open floor-plan living/dining area. Sit by the wood burning fireplace and gaze at the stunning bayfront views as the egrets fly by. The first floor also has 2 guest rooms both with bayfront views while the 2nd floor has 2 more guest rooms and the bayfront master bedroom with sliders that lead to a deck, an immaculate updated en-suite bath, and a walk-in closet. In this tranquil property, you will surely make memories for a lifetime.