For renowned industry expert Adelaide Polsinelli, real estate isn't a job, it's a way of life. With that passionate attitude and a deep well of talent, she's been breaking records and shaping industry trends throughout her more than 30 years in the business. She an impeccable decades-long track record of consistently selling real estate backed by extensive market knowledge, experience and a solid reputation of commitment to her customers.
Select Recent Transactions
Adelaide sold over 1,500 properties valued at over $40 billion in every asset class, including multifamily, retail, office, SROs, IMDs, co-ops, and condo sales, unsold shares, retail condos, partnership interests, loans, note sales, hotels, air rights, inclusionary rights, assemblages, developments, and garages.
In addition to selling and advising on all real estate asset classes, Ms. Polsinelli previously headed the Retail Sales Division at Eastern Consolidated, where she led the firm's brokerage, advisory, financial structuring and marketing services for the sale of all retail-driven deals from retail condominiums, office buildings, taxpayers, shopping centers, mixed-use residential buildings, and hotels, to high street retail properties. Through her leadership, she was instrumental in classifying retail condos as a new real estate asset class, the urban equivalent to triple-net-leased properties.
Adelaide's mission of treating each deal not as a commodity but as a creation, allowed her to achieve record breaking prices for notable deals such as The $107,000,000 Lee Portfolio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, The Hotel Verite at 893 Broadway, The Sutton Place 280,000 square foot development, SoHo's "The King of Greene" building at 72-76 Greene Street; 530 Lincoln Road and the "Diesel/ Dash" Retail Center in the heart of South Beach; The Hit Factory at 421 West 54th Street; 711 Madison Avenue "The Roberto Cavalli Building; The "Children's Wear" office building in Midtown; The Marriott Courtyard Hotel site by the New Freedom Tower, The "Stefano Ricci" retail flagship on Park Avenue; The famed "Knitting Factory" building in TriBeCa; The Promenade a 350 unit Mitchell Lama Building; The "Le Figaro Café" building on Bleecker Street; The "Interior Design Building" in Midtown East; The "Dylan Hotel" on 41st Street; a nine-building package in Chelsea; four prominent Upper West Side hotels; and the "Eastbridge Landing" development site at First Avenue. Ms. Polsinelli was responsible for the development of a Times Square $200 million hotel development which is now a Marriott Hotel. She is also well established as the go-to broker for lenders, having sold portfolios of notes, loans and REO's.
She is regularly called upon as a well-regarded co-op and condo expert, known for uncovering value for co-op and condos by methodically structuring the various components of their real estate to generate optimum value. She created assemblages using inclusionary air rights and buying air rights from co-ops and condos, as well as unfolding entire co-ops and reorganizing the retail leases resulting in unexpected windfalls.
With utter devotion to helping owners create wealth, Adelaide earned a reputation for her methodical and strategic approach, her ability to identify and forecast trends, and her knack for creating opportunities and driving value. She's also an uncanny matchmaker who considers every introduction an opportunity to connect people and drive deals. Adelaide comes to Compass with a stellar career of selling and advising on all asset classes.
Not only is Ms. Polsinelli is a celebrated expert in the industry for her ability to identify and forecast trends, but she can formulate opportunities to create additional value in her assignments. With her expertise and value-added approach to traditional investment scenarios, Ms. Polsinelli mastered the art of building lucrative portfolios for her clients while also creatively resolving complex situations involving partnership disputes, financing challenges, and various other obstacles.
She is a co-op and condo liaison, sought after columnist, and speaker whose articles have appeared widely in the press. She is a contributing writer for several industry publications such as The Commercial Observer, Shopping Center Business, Real Estate Weekly, The Mann Report, National Real Estate Investor, The Real Estate Journal, The Retail Report, Real Estate Forum among others. She is an expert speaker and industry thought leader for a variety of functions and panels.
Ms. Polsinelli is well known for her mentoring program where she offers college students opportunities to learn the business under her guidance. She been named a "Woman of Influence" by ALM's GlobeSt.com, Bisnow, Rel Estate Weekly and Real Estate Forum and one of Commercial Observer's "People to Watch". Ms. Polsinelli also been a repeat recipient of the prestigious Investment Sales Broker of The Year Award. She is also featured on Globe St.com as one of New York City's Signature Brokers.
Ms. Polsinelli been a guest lecturer at New York University's real estate school as well as Baruch. She also been a regular source and thought leader for the Wall Street Journal, Crains, New York Public Radio, New York Times, New York Post, Bloomberg, and Globest.com. She also been a guest speaker at New York Appraisers Institute, Bloomberg News, Commercial Observer, and REBNY.
Prior to joining Compass, Ms. Polsinelli was a Principal at Eastern Consolidated, as well as Vice President at a publicly traded national investment sales firm. She served on the Board of Directors of both the Kidney & Urology Foundation of America and the St. George Foundation. Most notably she had served as President of 2 Fifth Avenue for over a decade, a 350-unit co-op building where she successfully bought the land under the ground lease for the co-op. She founded the Central Village Co-op/Condo Association (CVCA).
Member of New York Women Executives in Real Estate
Adelaide holds a degree in finance and real estate from NYU and is a member of REBNY, ICSC and WX.
- $189,000,000 sale of the Sutton Place Development site in New York, NY.
- $115,000,000 sale of 151 East 56th Street aka 677-679 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY.
- $107,000,000 sale of the 18 building package - The Lee Portfolio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY.
- $98,000,000 49-year lease of 453 Broome Street, New York, NY.
- $63,000,000 sale of 339 Washington Street, Boston, MA.
- $58,000,000 Roberto Cavalli retail building at 711 Madison Avenue, New York, NY.
- $42,000,000 sale of 61-63 Crosby Street, New York, NY. Unco-oped a co-op.
- $41,500,000 sale of 72-76 Greene Street, New York, NY. “The King of Greene” two adjacent 5-story plus basement elevatored loft/office buildings.
- $34,000,000 fee ground lease and lease hold sale of 893 Broadway, New York, NY.
- $31,000,000 fee ground lease sale of 2 Fifth Avenue New York, NY. 350 unit co-op.
- $30,000,000 sale of 530 Lincoln Road, Miami, FL. A two-story trophy asset once owned by the family of Gloria Estefan
of the Miami Sound Machine.
- $28,500,000 development site for a new 40 story Marriott Hotel near the Freedom Tower at 133-135 Greenwich Street,
New York, NY.
- $28,000,000 debt and equity sale at 148 West 28th Street, New York, NY.
- $26,000,000 sale of 10,444 square foot retail condo + mini storage package at 262-272 Mott Street, New York, NY.
- $24,000,000 sale of retail flagship on Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL.
- $23,200,000 sale of 320 East 82nd Street, New York, NY.
- $18,500,000 sale of 32-story, 318 unit Mitchell Lama apartment building at 150 West 225th Street “The Promenade,” New
- $18,000,000 5,200 square foot retail unit at 136 West 22nd Street, New York, NY.
- $16,000,000 debt and equity sale at 146 West 28th Street, New York, NY.
- $16,000,000 debt and equity sale at Dunkin & Bridgebar - 3600 Broadway, New York, NY.
- $15,750,000 sale of 558 Broome Street, New York, NY.
- $14,750,000 sale of 135 West Kingsbridge Road, Bronx, NY.
- $14,000,000 Mixed Use Retail and Loft Package. Momofuku flagship 169- 171 1st ave, New York, NY 10003
- $13,800,000 sale of 272 West 27th Street, New York, NY.
- $13,200,000 sale of 801 Washington Avenue - Miami Beach Diesel Retail Center in Miami, FL.
- $13,000,000 sale of 216 Bowery, New York, NY.
- $10,400,000 14,000 square foot mixed-use building at 37 West 19th Street, New York, NY.
- $10,300,000 sale of 381-387 Lenox Avenue, New York, NY.
- $10,200,000 sale of retail condo 31 East 28th Street, New York, NY.
- $10,000,000 22,000 square foot vacant development site at 372 Broadway, New York, NY.
- $10,000,000 5-story, 40 unit walk-up apartment building at 521-523 East 12th Street, New York, NY.
- $9,900,000 4-story, walk-up mixed-use building at 51 MacDougal Street, New York, NY.
- $9,800,000 6-story, mixed-use residential building at 1854 Second Avenue, New York, NY.
- $9,350,000 14,250 square foot commercial building at 84 Bowery, New York, NY.
- $9,000,000 2,500 square foot mixed-use building at 133 Kent Avenue, Brooklyn, NY.
- $8,700,000 4,300 square foot retail building at 407 Park Avenue, New York, NY.
- $8,500,000 ±8,885 square foot mixed-use walk-up building at 90 Chambers Street, New York, NY.
- $8,500,000 garage lease at 2 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY.
- $7,500,000 development site at 210 Bowery Street, New York, NY.
- $7,500,000 leasehold sale of 893 Broadway, New York, NY.
- $7,350,000 resale of three retail condominiums at 262-272 Mott Street, New York, NY.
- $7,200,000 retail condominium at “The Hit Factory” 421 West 54th Street, New York, NY.
- $7,000,000 sale of air rights at 426 East 58th Street, New York, NY.
- $6,995,000 debt and equity sale at 68-70 Richardson Street, Brooklyn, NY.
- $6,995,000 debt and equity sale at 471 Washington Street, New York, NY.
- $6,250,000 sale of 321 East 58th Street, New York, NY.
- $6,200,000 Development Site 2673-2675 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11207
- $5,750,000 retail building at 1790-1792 3rd Avenue, New York, NY.
- $5,600,000 residential building at 216 & 218 East 36th Street, New York, NY.
- $5,400,000 sale of a 6,250 square foot retail unit at 2012-2018 Broadway New York, NY.
- $5,350,000 Free Market Apartment Building
- $5,200,000 retail strip center at 1257-1267 Forest Avenue, Staten Island, NY.
- $5,180,000 Multifamily Free Market Building 116 E 37th St Murray Hill, Manhattan, NY 10016
- $5,000,000 retail lease of 11 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY to New York Kids Club.
- $4,500,000 sale of retail condominium at 40 East 20th Street, New York, NY.
- $4,500,000 retail lease at 28 Bond Street, New York, NY.
- $3,575,000 retail building at 30 Cliff Street, New York, NY.
- $3,250,000 debt and equity sale at 484 Humboldt Street, Brooklyn, NY.
- $2,500,000 ground floor and basement retail condominium at 119 Chambers Street, New York, NY.
- $2,185,000 retail unit at 136 West 22nd Street, New York, NY.
- JV/lease of seven-store retail component and a 40-space underground parking garage at 44-58 East 8th Street, New York, NY.