- Their First New York Purchase, a Couple Cast a Wide Net.
- East Harlem Gentrification Boosted Rezoning, Tax Breaks
- A Rare Harlem Townhouse
- The Whole Foods Effect is coming to Harlem
- Harlem Townhouse Brimming With Art
- Rethinking an ‘End-All, Be-All’
- Designer Hat Store Ignites A New Flame In Harlem
- Regal Harlem townhouse with six original fireplaces wants $3.65M
- Whole Foods Becomes a Selling Point Harlem Real Estate
- Rebranding neighborhoods like SoBro, BoCoCa see increasing resistance
- Celebrating Harlem: 'It's important to show art that reflects different people'
- Harlem Brownstone With Ornate Fireplaces and Soapstone Counters Asks $4.65M
- He Wanted a Two-Bedroom in Harlem for Under $700,000. Which of These Would You Choose?
After obtaining his license in 2009, John first built a successful business in NYC based on originally branding himself as an uptown agent who lived and worked in the neighborhood. The geographic area was his original focus, and over the years, John’s business has grown through referrals and word-of-mouth and now he covers several areas of the city and several types of asset classes including Townhouses (SRO, Class-A, and Class-2A, Class M and others) Condominiums (Primary homes, investment property, pied-a-terre) Co-ops (Pied-a-terre, primary home, and HDFC), Commercial Leasing (Storefronts, retail, office, manufacturing) Development sites (land-leasing, land sales, and new development marketing).
Due to his original focus in Harlem, John has become known as one of the top townhouse brokers in Upper Manhattan. This skill set is transferable to many other areas of the city. His contact list of architects, expediters, attorneys, and mortgage lenders plays an important role in his success and the success of his clients. His team, The Harlem Properties Team, remains as one of the top real estate teams in Manhattan, recently earning #42 in the RealTrends Top 1000.
John recently moved to La Jolla, San Diego with his wife, Carol, and his two children, Liam and Nicolas. He brings his New York Hustle to California and is looking forward to helping buyers and sellers on the West Coast and the East Coast.
For fun, you can find him biking around his neighborhood of Bird Rock, playing golf at Torrey Pines, or hanging out at one of the many beaches La Jolla has to offer.