Liz McCarthy’s top priority is providing exemplary service to each and every client she works with as a top producing real estate broker with Compass Real Estate in Marin County. Liz and her Partner Shenna Moe are the Founders of the McCarthy+ Moe Group, a Top 5 Team in the County of Marin. Liz has been serving devoted clients since 2004 and has closed over $400M in lifetime sales. Liz and Shenna are always found in the highest rankings of National Realtors, reaching the top 1% and appearing in media forums such as The Wall Street Journal’s Real Trends: America’s Best Real Estate Agents.
Sought After by Sellers and Buyers
As a highly effective negotiator and problem solver, she excels at merging the needs of both buyers and sellers which results in successful home sales. Liz negotiates the best possible outcome for every transaction. The key to her success lies in her thoroughness, honesty and attention to detail, which results in getting the highest price for sellers and the best deal for buyers. “It doesn’t just begin and end with the transaction”, says McCarthy, “Service is my top priority, as I am building relationships for life.” Read what Liz’s clients say about choosing her as their Realtor and Partner and you’ll see that they agree!
Top Agent Edge
MARIN PLATINUM GROUP / TOP AGENT NETWORK: As a member of both the “Marin Platinum Group” and the “Marin Top Agent Network”, the McCarthy + Moe Group are recognized as among the leading 100 real estate agents in Marin County and have access to the members-only list of “off-market” properties. (eg, homes that aren’t MLS listed). The requirements for membership are strictly enforced.
While most of her time is devoted to working with clients, Liz enjoys spending time with her children, family and friends and engaging in the outdoor activities that Marin is known for. She is mom to a 15-year old miracle surviving-twin daughter who was born 14 weeks prematurely and weighed only 1.5 pounds at birth, as well as a 12-year old son. Liz still actively runs a number of support groups for parents whose babies were born extremely premature. Fun Fact: Liz is a World Champion Ultimate Frisbee player.
Education, Affiliations & Community Involvement
- Top 1% Agents Marin County, 2013 – Present
- Closed $100M+ in transaction in 2020
- LuxeSF 2019 Leading 100 Top Bay Area Producer Teams
- REALTOR of the Year Award, 2012 Marin Women’s Council of REALTORS (WCR)
- President, 2010 WCR Marin Chapter & Founding Member
- Outstanding Service Award Recipient, 2009 WCR State of California
- Licensed Real Estate Broker since 2004
- Member: Marin Platinum Group & Top Agent Networks (Invite-only Marin Top-Agent Networking groups)
- Member: Marin Association of REALTORS (MAR), California Association of REALTORS (CAR) & National Association of REALTORS (NAR)
- Member: Private Client Network(PCN)
- Founder SF Bay Area and National Preemie Support Groups
- Bachelor's Degree of Arts from the University of California, Santa Barbara
“You truly pulled a rabbit out of the hat. You took a toad (uglier than a frog) and somehow turned it into a prince!! I would have not thought it was possible, yet you did it! You are a real miracle worker. Thank you so much for your patience, understating, and listening to my sad tales of woe. What an enormous blessing you were when I needed it most.” - Carolyn R. (sister of an elderly hoarder)
“Liz was integral in every step of the process, from identifying our needs as a family while taking our wants into consideration, to showing us properties off our radar and/or not even hitting the market yet, to finally helping us close on a house we surely wouldn’t have had a shot at without her negotiation skills and strategy.” - Gabi P.