Some of Jeffs professional activities include:
- 2017 NAR Vice Chair of Large Firm RES Committee
- 2017 NAR CEO Search Committee
- 2017 NAR Executive Committee
- 2017 CAR Legal Action Fund Trustees
- 2017 Board of Directors of MLS Listings
- 2016 Executive Committee for NAR
- 2016 NAR Vice Chair Large Firm Involvement Board
- 2015 Executive Committee for NAR
- 2015 - 2019 CAR Legal Action Fund Trustees
- 2014 Executive Committee of CAR and NAR
- 2013 NAR Liaison
- 2013 NAR Board of Directors
- 2013 NAR RPR Board of Directors
- 2013 NAR Finance Committee
- 2013 NAR RES Committee
- 2013 NAR RIS Committee
- 2013 CAR Executive Committee
- 2011-2012 NAR Credit Union Board of Directors Treasurer/Secretary
- 2012 NAR RPR Board of Directors
- 2012 NAR Finance Committee
- 2011 NAR Strategic planning committee
- 2012 NAR Large Broker Board
- 2012 CAR Executive Committee
- 2011 Vice/Chair MLSListing inc. Board of Directors
- 2011 CAR Executive Committee
- 1998 - 2017 State Director for California Association of REALTORS®
- 2000 - 2017 California Director for National Association of REALTORS®
- Past Chairman of National Association of Realtors® MLS/Forum
- Past Executive Committee (5 times) National Association of REALTORS®
- Past Executive Committee (6 times) California Association of REALTORS®
- Past Chairman for California Association of REALTORS® MLS/Computer comm.
- Past Chairman of the Board for R. E. Infolink MLS
- Past President for Silicon Valley Association of REALTORS®
- Past President of PRDS (2 times) Forms Board
- Past District Chairman for the Los Gatos/Saratoga REALTORS®
- 1998 & 2008 REALTOR® of the Year in Silicon Valley
- 2011 NAR Hall of Fame
- 2016 CAR Director for Life Recipient
Compass Los Gatos Office
750 University Avenue, Suite 150
Los Gatos, CA 95032
DRE #: 01019707
Jeff Barnett's professional real estate career began in the late 1980s at Fox & Carskadon REALTORS® and thereafter joined Alain Pinel REALTORS® in 1991 as one of its original sales agents. His astute knowledge of the business, marketing savvy and energy quickly earned him a top spot in the emerging company.
While honing his skills as a trouble-shooter and deal maker in the heart of the Silicon Valley, Jeff created the brokerage's Masters program for working agents and people new to the business of residential real estate. He taught the course work for two years, which led to Jeff's transition from a highly successful sales agent to Vice President/Manager of the Silicon Valleys Los Gatos office in 1995. The first Los Gatos office grew steadily until a second office was added in 2000 to accommodate the branch's expansion. The offices were merged together in 2005.
As Vice President and Regional Manager, Jeff utilizes his 28 years of experience to oversee and streamline operations for our combined 18,000 square foot Los Gatos Office and surrounding areas. Th agents from Jeff's region have helped the firm achieve market share leadership in the Los Gatos, Willow Glen, Rose Garden, Cambrian, Campbell and Almaden areas of Silicon Valley plus many of the sales professionals in Los Gatos are market experts in neighboring Saratoga and Monte Sereno. Serving as mentor to nearly 180 sales professionals -- which is one of the largest sales forces nationwide in the industry with over a Billion dollars in closed sales every year.
Jeff also works continuously with 10 staffers/managers to facilitate sales, marketing and negotiation strategies to ensure outstanding customer service and renewal business. Jeff frequently teaches newly licensed sales professionals presentations skills and is very active in the California Association of REALTORS® and National Association of REALTORS®. He was inducted into the National Assn. of REALTORS® Hall of Fame in 2011 and the recipient of the Director for Life award from the California Assn. of REALTORS® in 2016.
Jeff and his wife Kari have 3 children, Brandon, Shauna and Jaydon. Jeffs hobbies include gardening, playing ice hockey and riding motorcycles.