Terry is a California native, born in Santa Barbara, and lived in the Pasadena area of Southern California for over 40 years. He moved to Danville/Interstate 680 corridor in 1992.
- He was an executive in the healthcare industry prior to joining Compass in 1999.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration, and a Juris Doctorate.
- He is licensed as a broker by the California Department of Real Estate.
- He is certified as a relocation specialist, focusing on transfer employee real estate needs regarding buying and selling real estate.
- He holds a certificate of negotiation issued by the University of San Francisco.
- He is an Affiliate member of the Contra Costa County Bar Association.
- He is a member of the Congress of Neutrals and is a mediator for the Contra Costa County Superior Court.
Terry has been active in community service, serving as a volunteer for the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, the Boy Scouts of America (holder of the rank of Eagle Scout), Danville Little League, and San Ramon Valley Girls' Athletic League. He also coached girls' softball at the high school level.
He enjoys hiking (having hiked in Alaska and most of the western states - including New Mexico), camping, scuba diving/snorkeling, skiing, and theater.